Bringing Quality Books To Catholic Schools







Bringing wholesome books to Catholic students everywhere is my passion, and I feel very blessed and honored to write for 'tweens. Why? Take a look around you and what do you see available to this age group? The occult, vampires, darkness, evil, disrespect, foul language, sexual overtones. All of this is being fed to our kids. What disheartens me the most is to find it in Catholic schools, of all places. Some of the books on their reading lists and curricula is enough to scare anyone, and not just because Halloween is around the corner.

I visit Catholic schools with my books and a presentation about St. Therese, and I love every minute of it. My favorite part is sharing the life of the Little Flower and answering questions about her and how she inspired me to write Olivia and the Little Way and Olivia's Gift. When schools contact me to come, I eagerly anticipate the questions their students will have for me. When I leave, I always feel like I have done something good for these children because many of them have never even considered having a devotion to a saint. Whether it be St. Therese or one of the many other holy men and women, I love teaching them that saints can be their friends, in good times and in bad. I always make it a point to tell them that we never worship saints, and that our Lord Jesus Christ is always our main focus of devotion. But I do tell them that it is a great thing to have friends in Heaven we can ask to intercede for us. You would ask a good friend on Earth to pray for you, wouldn't you? Talking the saints is really not much different. And they are so loving and ready to listen!

Lately I've been interested in St. Michael, St. Philomena, St. Olivia, St. John Bosco, and Blessed Pier Giorgio. Such powerful intercessors for us! Such loving brothers and sisters in Heaven!

One girl told her mother: "Now I've got a new sister—It's St. Therese!" You can imagine how happy this made me.

If you know of a Catholic school, a librarian, or a homeschooling parent who is looking for books that teach our True Faith, please recommend Olivia and the Little Way and Olivia's Gift. Catholic author, speaker, and founder of www.Catholicmom.com Lisa Hendey said that these books "should be on the reading list of every Catholic school." It is my God-given mission to provide a better alternative to some of the junk our kids are reading now. You can help me do this by spreading the word to Catholic schools in your town.

Together, we can help our kids keep their Catholic faith and prepare their souls for eternity. I would be honored to introduce a new sister or brother in Heaven to more Catholic children.



Popular Posts