The Third Sunday of Advent




Dear readers:
Yesterday in church, my youngest son whispered happily to me, "I like it when we light the pink candle!"  When I asked him why, he just beamed a smile back at me, his face lit up with the inside joy he felt at that moment of the Advent season.  I had to smile myself because his comment and happiness radiated back at me.  Do you see how we can share our joy with everyone?  Happiness is not something we are to keep to ourselves. It is meant to be shared with everyone. The readings for this week tell us to be happy and rejoice.  Yes, even when things are not going our way. Yes, even when we don't feel like it.  Why?  Because God is coming.  Jesus' birth draws near, ready to renew us in His love.

"The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a mighty savior; He will rejoice over you with gladness and renew you in His love. He will sing joyfully because of you..."  from the Book of the Prophet Zephaniah


How can you share your happiness with others this week?





Popular Posts