Thanking Those Who Serve

One day while out shopping recently, I happened to notice this note tucked into a nearby vehicle's windshield.  On the rear of the car was a sticker indicating that the driver was a member of the U.S. Armed Forces. The note reads, "Thank you for your service. You are amazing."  I smile just thinking about the driver coming back to his or her car and seeing this note written by a grateful civilian.  

Lately, maybe because yesterday was September 11, or maybe because of the terrible hurricanes in our country,  I've been thinking gratefully about all of those who serve and protect us, whether they are in the Armed Forces or our brave men and women in blue. While watching coverage of the hurricanes, I was impressed by and thankful for those who stayed behind to serve their communities in these hours of need. I also am grateful for the medical teams and many volunteers who stayed or are headed in the aftermath to help those who suffer.  Let us continue to pray for their safety as they make citizens' safety their priority. We are blessed to have such strong, brave people out there, protecting us at all times.  Last month when our pest repellent man came by, he happened to mention that he was recently in the Army serving overseas. 

"Thank you for your service," I said. He was so pleasantly surprised when I said that. He paused for a moment and said sincerely, "Thank you." 

I really, truly meant it. I AM grateful for his service. Let's show our gratitude to these brave men and women every chance we get.  Let's say "thank you." Because as the note says below, they ARE amazing!





Popular Posts