Thanks all around

I would like to express my gratitude for all of you, young and young at heart, who have been so supportive of Olivia and the Little Way. I so love meeting all of you and signing your books. I am especially humbled when you thank me for writing the book. I, in turn, thank you for supporting Catholic children's fiction. We all know that there isn't that much out there for our Catholic youth. Please continue to support quality Catholic fiction whenever you see it in bookstores.

In my mind, it's the difference between feeding children junk food and wholesome food, only for their minds and souls. I am honored that you are bringing Olivia into your homes so that, with the help of sweet Saint Therese, she can feed your children's minds and souls with God's love.

Dear readers: You'll notice many references to recipes and food in the book. I can't help it; I love to cook and I love to eat! I thought I'd share Olivia's recipe for raspberry white chocolate muffins, the ones she left on Sister Anne Marie's desk. These are especially delicious on chilly days when they are warm from the oven. Mmmm...

Recipe makes one dozen muffins. How about leaving one on your principal's desk?

Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted in the microwave
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh raspberries (frozen may be used, but do not thaw)
1/3 to 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or more to taste!)

Ingredients for topping:

1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted in microwave
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix milk, butter, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. (Do not overmix or batter will be tough. Only mix until flour is just moistened). Gently stir in raspberries and white chocolate chips.

Spoon into foil- or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pan. Bake for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from pan.

Dip top of each muffin in melted butter, then in sugar.





Popular Posts