A Delightful Gift From France!






Dear readers:

I had such a surprise when I met my friend, photographer and designer Anne Reeves, for coffee yesterday. Anne has recently returned from Paris. After our hello hugs, she told me, "Hold out your hand."

I did as I was told and she placed a small red box in my palm. When I opened the box, I was delighted to find the above medal of Saint Therese! I was so excited and happy that I was speechless. In French, it says, "Saint Therese of the Child Jesus."

"Is it her?" Anne asked.

"Oh yes!" I said, clutching the medal. "It's her."

Then Anne pulled out a photo to show me. She had taken a picture of the table at the flea market where she had found my medal. "I wanted you to actually see where it came from, to get a feel for it," she said. I studied and stared at the photo.

"Tell me everything," I said to Anne. 



"My husband and I went to the Vanves flea market on the suggestion of friends. I was on the lookout for something for you of Saint Therese," she said. "Then I saw this table and I told my husband, 'I think this is the place!' I asked the lady, in French, 'Je cherche Sainte-Therese?' "

"And?" I asked excitedly.

"And she said, 'Ah, oui, ici!' and she pointed to some of the medals, and I chose this one," she said.

"It's just perfect," I said, sighing.

Anne makes it her business to spread delight to people at her blog, anadesigns.blogspot.com, and she sure spread delight to me yesterday! To think, I now own a little spiritual item from France, Therese's home. I've barely taken it off since!













Popular Posts