Day Six of St. Therese's 9-Day Novena


Dear readers: We're already on Day Six! Today's theme touches on how very powerful St. Therese is from Heaven. That is probably the adjective I hear the most about St. Therese: powerful.

A priest friend of ours, the first time I met him, said the very same thing. My son told the priest how much I love Therese, and he looked at me and said seriously, "Oh, she's very powerful." His words stuck with me, and I have to agree. She is so sweet and small, yet so powerful in how she helps people who ask favors of her. She has never let me down, and I feel her presence with me all of the time. She is truly special. You can trust her with whatever you need. She will pray for you, I promise.


Start with:
O St. Therese of the Child Jesus, who during your short life on earth became a mirror of angelic purity, of love strong as death, and of wholehearted abandonment to God, now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues, cast a glance of pity on me as I leave all things in your hands. Make my troubles your own, speak a word for me to Our Lady Immaculate, whose flower of special love you were—to that Queen of Heaven "who smiled on you at the dawn of life." Beg her powerful intercession the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment and that she join with it a blessing that may strengthen me during life, defend me at the hour of death, and lead me straight on to a happy eternity. Amen.


DAY SIX

O Little Flower of Jesus, you have shown yourself so powerful in your intercession, so tender and compassionate toward those who honor you and invoke you in suffering and distress, that I kneel at your feet with perfect confidence and beseech you most humbly and earnestly to take me under your protection in my present necessity and obtain for me the favor I ask in this novena (your request here)...Vouchsafe to recommend my request to Mary, the merciful Queen of Heaven, that she may plead my cause with you before the throne of Jesus, her divine Son. Cease not to intercede for me until my request is granted.

St. Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for us.

Popular Posts