A Beautiful Mother's Day story

A beautiful Mother's Day story about the Blessed Mother and St. Therese:

During Therese's first year in the Carmel, she was praying outside when, all of a sudden, she felt covered by Our Lady's veil. It changed her forever. She kept it to herself until eight years later, when she was ill and in the infirmary. She wrote,

"It was like a veil thrown over all the things of earth for me...I was entirely hidden under the Blessed Virgin's veil. At that time, I was in charge of the refectory and I remember that I was doing things as if I weren't doing them: it was as if I had been lent a body. I remained this way for an entire week."

This experience was a beautiful part of Therese's Marian devotion. She even wrote poems about it. Here is part of one:

"O Immaculate Virgin! You are my sweet star
Who gives me Jesus and unites me to him.
O Mother, let me rest under your veil
Only for today."



The more we live in our Mother Mary, the more we are united to Jesus.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, everywhere!



Poem from Therese and Lisieux by Pierre Descouvemont

Popular Posts