Happy Birthday To My Mom

In honor of my mom's birthday, I wanted to share one of the many awesome songs we heard growing up in my house. I can remember going through Mom and Dad's record albums and always finding Neil Diamond in their collection (Cracklin' Rosie is another favorite!). I have fond memories of us acting silly and dancing in the family room in our blue jeans. The first time I ever heard this song, I loved it to pieces, and I still do. Neil Diamond songs always get the volume turned way up when I drive around town in my minivan! You might just hear me singing Forever in Blue Jeans at a stoplight, windows down. Mom and Dad even took me to see Neil Diamond in concert when he came to Detroit, and we had a great time. Lots of love, yummy Italian food, and tons of fun, goofy memories were the mainstay in our home. Parents are the very first teachers of their children, and how appropriate that Mom also taught me to love Our Blessed Mother.  Thanks for everything! Love you, Mom!



Popular Posts