Deo Gratias!

Dear readers:
Wow! What a honor for Olivia and the Little Way to have been chosen as a winner in the Catholic Press Association's 2009 Book Awards. Olivia and the Little Way took second place in the Best Children's Book category. The awards were announced on Friday, May 29 in Anaheim, CA. This is a dream come true for me.

The judges said:

"This book offers a unique and fresh way to celebrate the life of St. Therese of Lisieux. It is a wonderful and engaging novel suitable for all but especially for 'tweens. They can share Olivia's life lessons as she deals with different relationships and real challenges. This touching and heartfelt story will inspire children to follow her example and discover their own 'Little Way' miracles."

I am so humbled and honored to receive this award. I would like to thank my illustrator, Sandra Casali LewAllen, for her beautiful drawings, my wonderful family for their love and support, and God for giving me the idea to provide wholesome Catholic fiction for 'tweens.

Saint Therese, thank you for standing by me. You are a wonderful sister and friend to me. Petite Therese, vous etes vraiment une fleur et une amie. Je vous aime plus que les mots peuvent dire. Vous aurez toujours une place dans mon coeur.


Popular Posts