What Would Olivia, Jenna, and Hayley Bake?




Dear readers:
I'm sure you've figured out by now that I love to cook! Why else would I put a recipe for cinnamon-chip scones in the back of Olivia and the Little Way? I am always so thrilled when you write to me to tell me that you have made the scones and that they are yummy! A bit messy to make, perhaps, but delicious just the same! I was staring at some overripe bananas on my countertop a while ago and thought to myself: Not another loaf of banana bread to freeze! So I went through my recipe archives (which could fill any college library, I think!) in search of something different. I came across a forgotten favorite: banana white chocolate chip muffins! As I write this, they are baking in the oven and are making my house smell heavenly! It is always so hard to wait until baked treats are semi-cooled before trying them...even when I've tried certain recipes hundreds of times!

For me, cooking is a way to relax. It also makes me happy to provide yummy things to eat for family and friends. I got to thinking about Olivia and Jenna and how they like to bake together. What kinds of things would they enjoy baking? I'll post some simple, tasty recipes here on this blog that will inspire you to head to the kitchen with Olivia, Jenna, and Hayley too! And if you have any suggestions about what you think the trio would like to make, please send it my way to Nancy@littleflowerbook.com! Happy baking!!


Banana White Chocolate-Chip Muffins
Makes 16 muffins


Ingredients:
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1/3 cup (but I use more!) white chocolate chips
1/3 cup pecans, crushed (tip: put them in a sandwich bag, seal, and take a meat mallet or rolling pin to crush them)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, blend the egg, oil, banana, and milk. In another bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, white chocolate, and pecans. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture. Stir, but take care not to overmix or your muffins will be tough. Fill 16 greased muffin cups (or paper-lined) about 3/4 full. You will have some empty muffin cups, so put a few tablespoons of water in those—it will protect your pan and keep the muffins moist as they bake. Bake about 15 minutes, or until tops are light brown. Cool on a wire rack.


Now I've got to pull these muffins out of the oven! Mmmmmmm....





Popular Posts